Recently, I’ve been working with a large inventory dataset (1.8M transactions), and trying to find ways to identify the sequence of transactions. The dataset is very simple, with an assetID, a transaction date, and a transaction ID. The latter is …..
Category Posts for DAX
Far better an approximate answer to the right question, which is often vague, than the exact answer to the wrong question, which can always be made precise. -John Tukey
The plural of anecdote is not data. - John Myles White
- SSAS ACE.OLEDB errors July 4, 2018
- Optimizing a Windows 10 VM for PowerBI August 19, 2017
- Query performance of CALCULATE function in DAX August 13, 2017
- PowerBI changes filtering behaviour with one to many relationships August 8, 2017
- Microsoft SSAS vs tabular (powerBI) April 5, 2017
- Using XMLA endpoints to change data sources in a Power BI dataset April 19, 2021The purpose of this article is to provide Power BI developers with a deeper understanding of the dependencies when updating data sources in a Power BI dataset through XMLA endpoints. Most importantly, Power BI maintains security-related data source information such as credentials and privacy settings outside the dataset, whereas Azure Analysis Services and SQL Server […]
- Power BI April 2021 Feature Summary April 16, 2021Welcome to the first Power BI feature summary of the Spring! In this update we have an exciting new preview for the Power Automate visual! Also, the ongoing previews (Small Multiples and DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services) are getting some new features. Next to that, we are presenting huge improvements to […]
- Announcing the new Power Automate visual for Power BI reports April 15, 2021Empower your end-users to go from insight to action. With the new Power Automate visual, end-users can run an automated flow all within a Power BI report. Furthermore, the executed flow can be data contextual, meaning that the Flow inputs can be dynamic based on the filters set by the end-user.