If you run powerBI in a VM, and you’re working with a large dataset, there are a couple of optimizations you may want to consider. The tabular database within PowerBI is an in memory database, and it can be computationally …..
Category Posts for VMWare
Far better an approximate answer to the right question, which is often vague, than the exact answer to the wrong question, which can always be made precise. -John Tukey
The plural of anecdote is not data. - John Myles White
- SSAS ACE.OLEDB errors July 4, 2018
- Optimizing a Windows 10 VM for PowerBI August 19, 2017
- Query performance of CALCULATE function in DAX August 13, 2017
- PowerBI changes filtering behaviour with one to many relationships August 8, 2017
- Microsoft SSAS vs tabular (powerBI) April 5, 2017
- Come to Microsoft Business Applications Summit this May January 17, 2020Our business applications community is growing, so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location for the Microsoft Business Applications Summit May 6–7, 2020 in Dallas, Texas. We hope to see you there!
- Premium Capacity Metrics app – new health center with KPIs to explore relevant metrics and steps to mitigate issues January 13, 2020When you open the Power BI Premium metrics app you’re presented with the Capacity health center, which provides an overview of the health of your Power BI Premium capacity.
- Happy New Year from Power BI Desktop! January 2, 2020Happy New Year! In honor of the new year, our team put together this fun video where we reveal what makes Power BI what it is today! Enjoy!