If you run powerBI in a VM, and you’re working with a large dataset, there are a couple of optimizations you may want to consider. The tabular database within PowerBI is an in memory database, and it can be computationally …..
Tags Posts for VMWare
Far better an approximate answer to the right question, which is often vague, than the exact answer to the wrong question, which can always be made precise. -John Tukey
The plural of anecdote is not data. - John Myles White
- SSAS ACE.OLEDB errors July 4, 2018
- Optimizing a Windows 10 VM for PowerBI August 19, 2017
- Query performance of CALCULATE function in DAX August 13, 2017
- PowerBI changes filtering behaviour with one to many relationships August 8, 2017
- Microsoft SSAS vs tabular (powerBI) April 5, 2017
- Join Us! Power BI Dev Camp: Thursday 26 May 2022 at 11:00 AM PDT – 12:00 PM noon PDT May 17, 2022Join us to learn about Power Query custom functions with Ted Pattison and special guest Alex Powers!
- Analyzing the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals at Gartner Data & Analytics Summit EMEA May 17, 2022As part of the Gartner Data and Analytics Summit EMEA in London, UK, Gartner invited Microsoft to participate in their bake-off event. This year’s topic was the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, and we dug into data around access to electricity and CO2 emissions.
- Announcing: Action bar for interactive reports in the Power BI tab for Microsoft Teams May 16, 2022We’re excited to announce that the Power BI tab in Microsoft Teams is getting a new action bar for interactive reports. The action bar enables users in the Power BI tab to use all the capabilities they have in the service when interactive reports are added to channels, chats, or meetings in Microsoft Teams. Read […]